Financial Times Digital Dialogues Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are between The Financial Times Limited (“FT”) and the person who completes the relevant booking form (“You”) for the FT Digital Dialogues event as described in the booking form (“Event”).
Registration for the Event
1. All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by FT, which will be confirmed by email.
2. Upon FT's written confirmation to You of its acceptance of Your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between FT and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
3. FT reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
4. Each booking for the Event is for a single user only. You are responsible for all use made of the Event website by You or anyone accessing the Event website using the access link sent to You.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
5. Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of publication, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for FT to alter the content, format or timing of an Event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
6. FT may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. FT will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
Your access to the Event
7. The Event is a web-based event which can be accessed through desktop or mobile devices using the link provided in the confirmation email sent to You. The Event can be accessed live or for a limited time after the Event has taken place.
8. You are solely responsible for ensuring that You have the necessary desktop or mobile equipment and internet connection for accessing the Event.
9. FT reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You access or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in FT’s opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
10. You are not permitted to make your own video or audio recordings of the Event, or use any photographs or screenshots of the Event for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by FT. Materials distributed by or on behalf of FT in connection with an Event may not be reproduced without FT’s permission.
User Generated Content
11. The Event website may allow for questions to be posted to Event speakers and for other forms of user generated content (“UGC”). FT does not guarantee that all questions posted during an Event will be answered.
12. If you post any UGC on the Event website, you are granting FT a right (but not an obligation) unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit that UGC in whole or in part as we see fit, without any requirement to pay you for this and with or without attribution to you. This means that you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use any UGC you publish in whole or in part in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever and without further obligation to you. You also waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the UGC.
13. You must not post, link to or otherwise publish any UGC that:
- is not your own original work;
- containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication;
- is threatening, offensive, libellous, indecent or otherwise unlawful;
- is discriminatory in nature for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age; or
- personally attacks any Event speaker or any other individual participating in the Event.
not post comments that are discriminatory in nature, for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
14. Views expressed by speakers are their own and FT disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed in connection with an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, FT shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
17. FT will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
19. These terms contain the entire agreement between You and FT.
20. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
21. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
22. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
23. These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit FT's right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
24. If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
25. These terms and conditions were published on 13 April 2020 and apply to all bookings for FT Digital Dialogue events placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.