Risk, return and reinvention in a new investment landscape
One of the key outcomes of the global economic downturn has been the pace and complexity of change in investment management. Lower growth rates and waning trust between investors and their asset managers are compounded by rapid globalisation, demographic shifts, technological advancement and changing attitudes to risk. The challenges are significant but the outlook is positive as asset owners and their managers look to embrace the changing nature, structure and timeline of investment opportunities.
The second annual Investment Management Summit Europe will explore and analyse how the industry is being reshaped by developments in the wider macro-economy, geo-political risks, regulation and digital technologies. This unique event brings senior executives from leading pension funds, insurance companies and sovereign wealth funds together with some of the world’s leading asset managers to share perspectives on the factors likely to shape investment choices across all asset classes. Where will growth come from in an environment of uneven economic recovery in the Eurozone, US, Asia and emerging markets? How are asset managers adapting their business model to meet the heightened investor expectations and effectively compete? How will the EU’s bond buying programme and the likelihood of interest rate normalisation from the FED affect investment decisions?
Highlights from the 2015 agenda include:
- Keynote insights from leading asset owners on how they are approaching investment in 2015 and what they want and need from their asset managers
- Analysis from world leading economists on the outlook for the global economy, the prospects for emerging markets and the prognosis for the Eurozone
- Perspectives from global asset managers on how they are responding to the intended and unintended consequences of increased regulation in the funds industry. How much is compliance costing and who is paying?
- Latest innovations in asset management - how is technology transforming the investment process?
- Which asset classes are delivering in the current market? Get the very latest expert analysis on fixed income, equities, alternatives, passive vs. active, emerging markets and more.