The Financial Times is delighted to present the 9th annual FT Property Summit, which will bring together global investors, occupiers, lenders and developers to explore the opportunities available in the UK commercial property market, highlighting key areas for growth and assessing future prospects. Throughout 2015 we plan to host a series of smaller, specialist events leading towards the annual summit, in order to provide in-depth coverage and discussion of specialist topic areas.
As the UK property market settles to more stable, sustainable levels than the previous few years, speculation is centred on current trends shaping the industry.
Themes to be discussed include:
- What predictions can be made about the general election taking place in May, and what might the impact be on real estate?
- How will the market be affected by global economic developments such as falling oil prices, plans for quantitative easing in the eurozone and slower growth in China?
- When can interest rates be expected to rise?
- Will London be able to retain its competitive edge as a global city in the next decade?
- How will the capital’s growth continue to ripple out across the UK to regional cities, and is the infrastructure sufficient to support this?