Join key players from across the mobile payment industry to explore:
- The challenges and the opportunities of providing greater financial access to un-banked people
- The role of innovation in meeting the continent’s development targets
- Trends and policies affecting market uptake
- The impact of new technologies
- Strategies to enhance growth, interoperability and security opportunities
Africa’s regional payment systems are undergoing a period of significant progress. Although these are already booming, there remains a significant need for improvement in the twin areas of interoperability and security.
With mergers and partnerships taking place between telcos and banks, fierce competition is creating major opportunities for multiple stakeholders. On the one hand, international technology providers and major regional banks are seeking local partners to give unique insights. On the other, national providers are looking to meet partners to increase market share in the continent.