Digital transformation is happening so rapidly that traditional business models are being challenged, especially in aviation which has long lead times in terms of aircraft or airport development. This discussion between prominent civil aviation leaders from an airline, airport, air navigation service provider (ANSP) and OEM will take a practical approach to how to translate innovative capabilities and opportunities within, and outside of, the industry. Whilst it is accepted that there is huge room for expansion with tremendous advantages and risks, are we prepared for digital transformation?
This session will start with a brief introduction and overview of the topic from Tony Payne, Partner, DLA Piper
Then panel will consider and discuss:
● How can innovation enable and drive change to corporate vision and strategy?
● How can the industry move from disruption to adoption to achieve innovation in the aviation sector?
● How can the innovative capabilities and business opportunities of the unmanned aircraft market be promoted to extract the value?
● How will the industry respond to increasing challenges, collaboration and regulation?
● What is required in order to hire and attract a workforce who will support us in taking advantage of these technologies?
Stuart Birrell, CIO, Heathrow Airport Limited
Jean-Christophe Lalanne, Executive Vice-President Information Technology, Air France-KLM
Klaus Meier, CIO and Technical Director, Skyguide
Richard Bonner, Partner, DLA Piper