The FT Future of Retail summit is our big picture, mega-trends event for large online and bricks and mortar retailers from across the UK and Europe. As the impact of new technologies and changing consumer expectations continue to ricochet through the retail ecosystem, the 4th annual summit will address the hottest issues through probing interviews and panel debate with the pioneering CEOs and industry leaders reinventing their businesses for the 21st century.
The roll-call of disruptive forces impacting retail is getting longer: Brexit, digitization, new players entering the market in unprecedented numbers and turning existing business models upside-down; the lengthening shadow of climate change; GDPR, personalisation; AI; quantum computing; driverless cars, algorithms, and blockchain, to name a few. The FT Future of Retail summit showcases some of the new strategies retail CEO’s are adopting to turn these forces of disruption into engines of growth for their businesses.
The centerpiece theme at this year’s summitis the implementation of strategies to drive sustained and responsible growth. Progressive retailers from around the world will reveal how they are responding to the consumer-led push for more transparent, sustainable, and ethical values-driven business practices, and they will outline the new strategies they are putting in place – acquiring new businesses and/or entering new markets, for example - to sustain growth over the longer term.
Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- Sustainable Retail: How are retailers integrating social and ecological sustainability practices into their enterprise DNA – as well as beyond the company’s walls - to improve competitive positioning?
- Getting Truly Personal: In the era of increasingly ‘granular’ personalisation, how can retailers maximize the power of data-driven insight?
- Boom or Bust: What will Brexit mean for European retailers with operations in the UK, and vice versa?
- M&A: What does the deal environment look like for European and UK retailers in 2019?
- Horizon Scanning: What do retailers and retail analysts see as the early warning signs of disruptive forces forecast to hit the sector further down the line?