STREAM ONE: EMPLOYMENT AND SKILLS
14:15 PANEL: How to enhance diversity and inclusion in the boardroom, plant and factory
- Assessing the state of play in the sector right now
- How to make equal pay a reality
- What’s the best way to eradicate unconscious bias during recruitment?
- The role of the staffing partner in growing a diverse workforce
- How to make the best use of STEM training for your company
Mandeep Dhatt, Executive Director of HR, McLaren Automotive
Allison Grealis, President, Women in Manufacturing
Karen Norheim, President & COO, American Crane & Equipment Corporation
15:00 PANEL: Transitioning to future skillsets - what are the priorities for manufacturers?
- How will the nature of human work continue to change in line with digital innovation?
- How should managers cultivate a culture of augmentation rather than replacement?
- Should leaders hire on potential or experience?
Sylvie Rancon, SVP HR - Manufacturing & Supply Chain, GSK
Ian Green, Senior Manager - Nissan Skills Foundation, Nissan
Katrina Ritchie, Director of People and Culture, Gripple
15:45 PRESENTATION: How can manufacturers draw tech-savvy talent away from technology conglomerates?
16:00 INTERVIEW: Futuristic manufacturing: What will the workplace look like in 20 years?
STREAM TWO: DIGITISATION
14:15 PANEL: A new manufacturing ecosystem: How to digitise during turbulent times
- What are the main challenges manufacturing companies across industries face when they strive for digital success?
- How has a fluctuating product mix between hardware and software impacted the industry?
- What are the performance improvements achieved from digital investments?
- Can the effects of digital transformation be seen on the bottom line?
- Can original manufacturers ever be seen as digital companies?
- What leadership characteristics have become essential while companies digitally transform?
Rodrigo Dauster, Senior Director - Digital Transformation, Carlsberg
Lina Huertas, Chief Technologist - Digital Manufacturing, Manufacturing Technology Centre
Kris Kupilas, Digital Transformation Lead - Global R&D, ArcelorMittal
15:00 PANEL: Optimising supply chains through effective digital technologies
- Taking a step back - what makes a successful supply chain?
- What factors are crucial when manufacturers go beyond digital transformation pilot projects and invest in rollouts?
- Will the full-effect of digital transformations only be felt once real-time connections are made in the manufacturing supply chain?
- How will digital supply chains change the way manufacturers search for, and hire new talent?
Biswaranjan Sen, Executive Vice President - Supply Chain, Unilever
Ernest Debets, Vice President - Information Technology & Digitalisation, e.GO Mobile
15:45 PRESENTATION: Harnessing digital twins to boost cost-savings in your operations
16:00 DIALOGUE: Investing in the digital side of manufacturing
Neil Young, Group Lead for Advanced Manufacturing, Babcock International
The FT sits down with a leading manufacturer to assess how digital transformation can be leveraged to gain process efficiencies, advance workforce productivity and drive operational innovation within their supply chains.