We are delighted to be returning to Stockholm in 2020 for our Nordic Investor Outlook. This one day event will see institutional investors from across the Nordic region gather to discuss the key happenings and opportunities within the investment world in 2020. Investment sectors including, ESG, fixed income, alternative assets and equities will be delved into, alongside experiences and opportunities in key geographies. The day will feature many structured networking opportunities to allow you to share your views and network with your industry peers.
FT Nordic Investor Outlook
Agile Investment In Uncertain Markets
Money Journey Media
Financial Times Live has a reputation for delivering very senior board level audiences to attend a wide range of world class thought-leadership events across the globe for nearly 40 years. This event has been produced to meet the needs of institutional investors, senior executives and other investment professionals, from:
- Pension Funds
- Insurance Firms Foundations
- Family Offices
- Wealth Managers
Within these areas limited places are available, free of charge, to the following professionals:
- Chief Investment Officers
- Heads of Investment / Asset Allocation
- Pension Scheme Managers
- Head of Funds / Fund Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Investment Committee Members
A limited number of complimentary places are available to senior industry professionals and subject to publishers approval.
Agenda - 7th Oct
8:00amRegistration and networking
9:00amKeynote: The ‘end game’ for the macro development and economic policy as we know it?
This session will discuss tools and timelines to bring Nordic and vital economies on a global scale back on track and in balance with local and global capital markets.
9:30amPanel: New risks and opportunities amid a sustained low interest environment
- How central banks have put market pricing of interest rates out of order and the repercussions
- Navigating challenging, low bond returns and the risk of losing value with increasing interest rates plus the challenge of high stock market valuation
- Generating positive real returns - an opportunity to actively manage assets in multiple asset-classes both traditional and non-traditional?
- Low interest rates and the risk of asset bubbles?
- What to expect in the future in terms of interest rates and returns
Tony Persson, Head of Fixed Income and Strategy, Alecta
11:00amPanel - Real Asset Investment in 2020
- Recent trends in real asset allocations across portfolios, including asset and geography
- Case study examples of recent infrastructure fund investments by Nordic investors
- PropTech – the future of real estate investing?
- Global opportunities for real estate and infrastructure investment
11:40amPanel: Emerging market investing: Capitalising on recent successes
- China A-shares - generating huge returns in 2019, but what is the outlook going forward?
- Examples of other successful pension fund EM investments
- Where are the EM investing hot spots in 2020 and where will they be in 2025?
- What vehicles are Nordic pension funds predominantly using for their EM investments?
12:20pmLunch Break and Networking
1:20pmPanel: Mobilizing Investment in ESG
- ESG and regulatory changes in the Nordics
- Do we need new or adapted regulation?
- How do we mobilise the trillions needed?
- How do we create the right investment products?
- Experiences of impact investing through insurance wraps
- The inclusion of environmental, social and governance considerations into passive investment portfolios
2:00pmInvestor Case Study: Climate change, where are you now and what’s new?
- Blue bonds – climate investments next wave?
- Climate change and carbon-neutral investment portfolios – what changes have you made to allocations to work towards?
- The transition from fossil-based fuels to wind/solar power and green alternatives. How are you investing and benefiting during this transition?
2:50pmFireside chat: ESG beyond investing: Measuring and quantifying impact
This session will feature speakers who are specifically involved in the quantification of the net impact of investments. They will explore the following and share the results of their recent investment analysis:
- The key to understanding the level and the timeline of climate change related financial risks of investments
- How you measure the positive and negative impacts of your activities on climate change mitigation and the environment
Annu Nieminen, Founder & CEO, Upright
3:20pmC-Suite panel: Challenges in an age of change and innovation
- Have investors embraced the rise of non-bank lending in the Nordics?
- Nordic FinTech: Creating a lot of dust but very limited follow through – will this change?
- How are the costs of tech development impacting your business decisions?
- Managing the complexity of private markets for institutional investors
- Short-term predictions for Nordic institutional investor allocations
Platinum Sponsor (1)
Baillie Gifford & Co is a leading, UK based investment management firm, established in 1908. We are an independent partnership, with a culture underpinned by an enviable record of stability. Our investment teams manage specialist, concentrated global and regional equities, fixed income and multi-asset portfolios. We have a growth bias, and use fundamental analysis and proprietary research to construct portfolios from the bottom up. We manage EUR 258 bn as at 31 December 2019 in assets on behalf of a worldwide client base. We have an established institutional client base across Europe in specialist global and regional equity strategies, fixed income and multi-asset. www.bailliegifford.com
About Investment Managers
AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) is an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor. We work with clients today to provide the solutions they need to help build a better tomorrow for their investments, while creating a positive change for the world in which we all live. With approximately €801 billion in assets under management as at end of December 2019, AXA IM employs over 2,360 employees around the world and operates out of 28 offices across 20 countries. AXA IM is part of the AXA Group, a world leader in financial protection and wealth management.
Chairs and Moderators (1)
Pádraig Floyd is an award-winning financial journalist who writes on personal finance subjects, particularly pensions, investments and workplace savings. A regular commentator on pensions and investment issues, Mr Floyd shares views via Twitter at @gogetemfloyd, his website www.moneyjourney.net and his Linkedin profile at bit.ly/padraigfloyd. He was a member-nominated trustee director of the Pearson Group Pension Plan and is a former committee member of the Association of Member-Nominated Trustees.