The Financial Times and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, will once again gather senior investors, innovators, social entrepreneurs and other thought leaders for a major conference ahead of the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards dinner in London.
FT/IFC Transformational Business Conference and Awards Dinner 2019
In line with the theme of the Awards, the sixth edition of the FT/IFC Transformational Business Conference will discuss what the private sector is doing to help meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and the steps that need to be taken to achieve long-term, transformative impact. There will be a particular focus on human capital and the use of technology to boost inclusion, and special sessions on climate change and the geo-political environment.
Chaired by senior FT journalists, this afternoon event will be a significant lead-in to the Awards dinner, which will honour those whose capital, technology and ideas are contributing to substantive progress in developing low-carbon urban infrastructure, delivering healthcare and education, assuring food and water security, harnessing technology to assist the disabled, and generally transforming the development landscape.
- Hear directly from the investors and innovators whose capital, technology and ideas are addressing key challenges in developing economies, particularly around combating climate change and meeting the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Discuss the impact of the latest geo-political and economic trends on development
- Gain critical insights on the transformative solutions required to improve health and education and to prioritise human capital as the foundation for progress.
- Explore how cities are leading efforts to address climate change
- Discover how technology and finance can help boost inclusion of the most disadvantaged groups in the developing world.
- Meet and network with the nominees for the 2019 Transformational Business Awards, whose ground-breaking initiatives are contributing to substantive progress in financing and developing low-carbon urban infrastructure, delivering healthcare and education, assuring food and water security, harnessing technology for people with disabilities, and generally transforming the development landscape.
YOUR CONFERENCE PLACE ENTITLES YOU TO AN AWARDS DINNER SEAT
Confirmation of attendance at the afternoon conference on 13 June 2019 automatically entitles you to a place at the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards Dinner that will occur later that evening.
If you cannot make the evening Awards Dinner but can make the afternoon conference, please ensure you tick the correct box when registering for the conference.
A recap of the 2018 awards
presented by (2)
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT marks 130 years in 2018 with a record paying readership of more than 940,000, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc, which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org